Followers

December 17, 2021

Acetate Card Tutorial

Good evening everyone, Brand Ambassador Vannessa here and welcome to my first tutorial of the month. For today's project I am going to show you how to make an acetate fronted card.  I have used the adorable Kawaii Coco 4 Coco digital stamp and sentiment for this card. 

Before I start I will apologise for the shine on the photos. Even with my desk lamp turned off, the acetate picked up all the shine from other lights in the room as well as that from my phone! 

To start you need some acetate 1 inch longer than your card front. I used some snowflake printed acetate sheets - perfect for the season! I also cut a piece of white card for the back of the card in the usual A6 size and then cut my layered card and patterned paper at 1/8" smaller each time. 

I also printed, coloured and cut my image ready to use and gathered some ribbon and some white card to make snow drifts as well as the sentiment and the layer for it too.


Next, you need to score and fold the acetate 1 inch from the end so the fold can be attached to the card back. 


Now attach the acetate to the card back so the folded part is inside the card. As acetate does not stick with glue, I used double sided tape for all the pieces being attached to it. 


This is how it looks from the side.


Now add the card mount and patterned paper to the inside, covering up the folded part of the acetate sheet.


As acetate has a tendency to bend, I added some snow drifts to the bottom, one on the outside and one on the inside. This provides some stability and strength to the bottom of the card.


I added some snowflake printed ribbon to top, attaching it with double sided tape again.


Now time to add my sentiment and Coco. For the sentiment I added the printed sentiment to the outside and the blue mount on the inside, making sure that none of the double sided tape could be seen.


And for some finishing touches, I added some Star Dust Stickles to the snow drift and the bobble on Coco's hat. 


And that's the card all finished. I love the effect the acetate gives this card. I really looks like he is outside in the snow enjoying his hot cup of cocoa! 

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. I would to see what you make with this card style, so be sure to share your projects over in the Stampers Delights Facebook Group.

You can read more about this card, including the Copic combos I have used over on my blogpost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsorship Design Team

  Hey friends! Hope you all are doing great! We have new projects to share with you today and I hope you will visit each of them and give th...