Followers

July 16, 2021

New Kawaii Clear Stamp Step-By-Step Tutorial - July 2021

Good evening everyone, DT Vannessa here and welcome to my Step-By-Step tutorial for today. For this project, I am using the newly released Kawaii Cute As A Bug Clear Stamp Set which you can find here in the Stampers Delights store.

When I first saw this cute stamp set, I knew I just had to make it look like the cute bug was flying over her flowers to water them, so I decide to make a slider card and here is my step-by-step photo tutorial to show you how I made this card. 

First I cut my card base, mounts and patterned papers, along with the white card for the main image. 


I inked up my sky using Distress Oxide Inks in Tumbled Glass and Broken China. I didn't need to ink the whole of the card as the bottom section will be covered with green card for the grass. 


Using some grass border dies I cut, then inked just at the top, two grassy panels.


I cut out my slider section using a die, but you can also cut a rectangle or other shape using a craft knife if you do not have a die that could be used. You might find that a banner or other small rectangle die will work just as well as a specific slider die. Don't throw away the cut out piece as you will need that later on. 

To make the actual spinner I find that the circle dies that come with the card don't tend to spin as well as 5p coins - you could use other small coins from those you have as long as they are smaller than the image attached to them. I also have some spinner pieces which join the coins together, but you can also use small foam pads to join them as well. 


This is how the spinner fits on to the card - I just use glue dots to attach the coins to the spinner piece. I always roll it up and down a few times to check that it spins smoothly, but if it doesn't, I rub the edges of the card with my anti-static bag that I use when heat embossing. This removes any static from the mechanism. 



Next I added the two grassy panels at the bottom of the sky, making sure all the left over white area was covered up.


Now to get the position of the slider section correct with the piece that was previously cut out, I tape down the square piece of card to the backing card with some washi tape. Then I glue the die cut piece in the hole so it is lined up perfectly. 


Remove the washi tape and the white card and you can see the slider die cut piece is glued in the correct place.


Now I cover the whole of the back of the white card with foam pads or foam tape. (I have actually run out of tape, but have heaps of foam pads for some reason!). When you do this part, you need to make sure that the coins or spinner piece can still freely move and doesn't catch on any of the foam pads or tape. I find that 2 layers of foam tape or pads are usually enough to keep the spinner moving.


Now re-insert the spinner mechanism and stick the white card to the black mount.


Now to create the scene. I stamped and coloured my bug and the flowers in their pots before fussy cutting them all out. I decided to make her into a ladybug, so added some black dots to her hat. Doesn't she look adorable? (My Copics list is at the end of the tutorial).


Now it's time to put everything together. I started with the patterned papers using red and yellow mounted on black to match the colours used in the stamped images. 


Next, I added the main image scene and the sentiment from the stamp set as well, checking that the spinner element still moves freely. 


And it does...


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. We would love to see your slider cards in the Stampers Delights Facebook Group

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R30, R20
Hair - T6, T8, T10
Hat - R22, R24, R27, R29, T1, T5, T7, T9
Dress - R24, R27, R29
Shoes - T7, T9
Wings - R22, T0, T1, T2, T9
Watering Can - T2, T4, T6, R22, R24
Flowers - Y13, Y15, Y19, E13, E15, E17, E19, G14, G19, G17, E95, E97, E99

Have a fun filled crafty week! 

Crafty hugs, DT Vannessa

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant tutorial Vannessa. Must try a spinner card again shortly. Stay safe my friend, Kym

    ReplyDelete

Sponsorship Design Team

  Hey friends! Hope you all are doing great! We have new projects to share with you today and I hope you will visit each of them and give th...