Followers

July 17, 2021

New Chibi Clear Stamp Step-By-Step Tutorial - July 2021

Good evening, DT Vannessa here again and welcome to another of my step by step tutorials, using this month's new clear stamp releases from Stampers Delights. 

For today's cards, I have made another interactive card using the adorable Chibi Friendship Grows clear stamp set which can be found in the Stampers Delights store here. 

This set just had to have an element where the flower grew, so I used another of my slider dies to create this fun card. 

To start off I cut all the card and patterned papers. For this one I also made a patterned paper piece using the flowers from the set, which I then coloured with my Copics. I have added these colours to the list at the end of the post. 


Next I cut the elements needed for the slider mechanism. If you don't have a die that can be used for this type of card, you can cut the slot using a craft knife and the pull tab is just a T-shaped piece of card. The top of the T is folded to make a flat edge that the image can be attached to. 


Next, I inked up the white card in a yellowy-green (It looks more yellow in the photo, but is a slightly softer green in real life).


I stamped, coloured and cut out one of the flowers from the pot, but cut the pot off it before attaching it to my slider piece. I made sure that it moved up and down easily, but if it doesn't then rubbing the card with some anti-static powder always helps. 


When the flower is pulled up to the top of the slider part, you can see through the small die cut so I added a strip of the same green card as I used for the slider piece on my mount so it wouldn't show through. 


I then covered the back with foam pads - I would usually use foam tape as it is quicker but have run out. You need to make sure that the slider tab can still move up and down freely without catching on any of the foam tape. 

I also added a small piece of card here at the back of the slider to wrap around the pull tab so it didn't move out of position.


I then added the rest of my images from the set, which have all been stamp, coloured with copics and fussy cut out. For the purple flower, I used foam tape on the pot and leaf, but have not attached the actual flower as the slider flower needs to sit behind it. My girl was also popped up with foam pads. 


To finish the card, I added all the layers of patterned papers and stamped the sentiment from the stamp set as well. This is the card with the slider flower down...


And this is the card with the flower pulled up. Doesn't it fir perfectly with this sentiment! 


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. we would love to see your cards and projects in the Stampers Delights Facebook Group.

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R30, R20
Hair - E41, E42, E43, E44
Eye - G82, G85
Lips - RV13, RV14
Top - YR15, YR16, YR18
Skirt - RV52, RV63, RV55, RV66
Watering Can - G94, G99
Wellies - G0000, G000, V15, Y15, YR16, RV66
Purple Flowers - V12, V15, V17
Pink Flowers - RV55, RV66, RV69
Yellow Flowers - Y13, Y15, Y19
Orange Flowers - YR12, YR14, YR16
Leaves & Stems - G03, G05, G09
Hearts - RV23, RV25
Pots - E95, E97, E99
Background on Patterned Paper Piece - G0000, G000, G00

Thank you for stopping by today and we hope to see you back again soon. 

Crafty hugs, DT Vannessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsorship Design Team

  Hey friends! Hope you all are doing great! We have new projects to share with you today and I hope you will visit each of them and give th...