Followers

December 10, 2021

Christmas Gift Tag - Coloring tutorial

 

Hi everyone, 

Eivor here and today I am going to show you how I colored an image on a Christmas gift tag. I used the digital stamp Kawaii Xmas Elf Gift and I think he is so cute!

But before I start to show you my coloring tutorial I want to tell you, so you don't miss, that in the shop all the "X-mas & Winter" and also all "Halloween" products are on SALE!! You get them for £1.50 !! Check out the SHOP!


So it is time for my coloring tutorial and I have colored the image with copics.
I will show you how I colored the clothes on the cute Elf, and we start with his hat.

I start with the darkest red and that is R89. I colored around the edges, where I want the hat to be darkest. 

My next color is R37, and i am extending the color just a little.

I then take R29 and extending a lot more, but leaving a space for the lightest color.

So to the last and lightest red color, R24. I now color the whole image. After this last red color I start from the beginning with the darkest color and go over the hat one more time. 

Now to the sweater and pants. For this  the blue color I used. I started with B93, and colored around the edges, where I wanted it to be darkest.

My next color is B91, and I am just going over the first color a little and extending.

I thought I could show that I am turning my image around and around, up and down when I color. I do that because it gives me more controll of the coloring.

So to my last blue color that is BG70. It is light so I have to go work a little more to get the colors to blend.

The shoes I wanted light brown, so I started with E43 and I go around the edges.

My next and second color is E42. I am going over the first color and extending a little. It is a small space so just need to extend a little. The last color I used on the shoes was E41, but I forgott to take a photo...


As I forgott to take a photo on the last color on the shoes I can show you that I colored the gloves on the same way, and the last color is E41. 

Now it is time for the white on the hat. I don't know how you feel, but I think it is difficult to color white spaces. I want to get better on it so I need to practice!!
On this image I started with C1. I go light, for me it is better and hopefully the image wont be destroyed...I start to draw a few lines/strokes and I leave a lot of white space. 

My next color was C0. I go over the all ready draw lines to blend and soft them up, not extending. 

My last color is C00 and with that I just gently going over the lines to blend a little more.

Hope you liked my turorial with the colors i used and that you got some inspiration.

Below you can see my finish Christmas gift tag. The text comes with the digi stamp.


Thank you for stopping by today and see you soon again (tomorrow) with another coloring tutorial. It will not be as many pictures like today *lol*

Remember to check out our group Stampers Delights Fan Group on Facebook. It is always a lot of inspirations there! And there you also can find our montly Progressive FB Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsorship Design Team

  Hey friends! Hope you all are doing great! We have new projects to share with you today and I hope you will visit each of them and give th...