Followers

November 19, 2021

Box In A Bag Tutorial

Good evening everyone and welcome to the first of my two tutorial posts for this month's new releases. 

For this project, I have used the gorgeous Anime Secret Santa digi stamp and the accompanying sentiment. 



I have made a Bag in a Box, which is perfect for small gifts this time of year. You could also reuse the bag as a Christmas tree decoration as well. 

For this project, you will need:
  • a 4.5 inch square for the base
  • a piece of patterned paper measuring 11 inches x 6.5 inches (or whatever height you prefer)
  • a piece of punched or die cut card measuring 11 inches long
  • some ribbons
  • a tab (I used a tag die and folded it in half before adding a punch out die for the ribbons to go through)
  • your stamped and coloured image
  • oval die cuts for the image to go on (or whatever shape you want)
  • the die cut sentiment and card to layer on



First you need to score at the 1 inch mark on each side of the card square. You also need to score diagonally in each corner. 


Fold and burnish using a bone folder and glue the corners together to make the square base. 


Add some double sided tape along one long and one short edge only of the patterned paper. Line up the bottom of your box against the patterned paper and roll the paper around each side, ensuring it is stuck well to the base. Remove the backing from the short side and attach to the start of the patterned paper to close the bag. 


This is how it will look after you have finished this step.

    

Now it's time to decorate... I added the punched strip to the bottom with the green strip of card in the middle. You could easily use ribbon here instead of card. I added my digi stamp to the oval die cuts and attached with glue on just the centre of the die to the bag. I added one of the tab dies to each side of the bag and closed it using two different ribbons. 


On the back, I added the sentiment after attaching it to some red card and fussy cutting the shape out. (The die I used didn't have a larger size for mounting).


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. We would love to see all your projects in the Stamper Delights Fan Facebook Group, so do share them there! 

You can read more about this project including the Copic combos I used on my blogpost here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsorship Design Team

  Hey friends! Hope you all are doing great! We have new projects to share with you today and I hope you will visit each of them and give th...