Followers

October 16, 2021

Embossing Resist Tutorial

 

Good evening everyone and welcome to my second project of the month using the newly released clear stamp sets from Stampers Delights. Today's card using the gorgeous Anime Cheers stamp set and the embossing resist technique. This is a fun technique and a great way to make your own fun background too. 

For this card, I used a red card base, a mat layer of dark brown and then a layer of white paper, which will be the embossed layer. I stamped, coloured and fussy cut my image as well as stamping the sentiments in red to match the card base and gathered some matching red ribbon as well. 


For the embossed layer, I used some Versamark ink, Clear embossing powder, a dark red ink (Called Merlot, which I thought would match the wine perfectly!) and my embossing powder buddy. 

If you have never used one of these before they are fabulous. Cover the card with the powder buddy by tapping the powder all over. Then when you stamp and emboss, the embossing powder should only stick to the parts with the ink on and not stick to the rest of the card. 


I used the two clocks and all the numbers and stamped them randomly all over my white card and embossed with the clear powder. It is a little hard to see in the photo, but hopefully you can see some of the embossing. It does look a bit silvery in the photo too, but this is just the light reflecting off the embossed powder.


Using a sponge blender, I then inked over the whole piece of card with my dark red ink. I then buffed over the embossed parts with some tissue to remove as much of the ink as possible. Red does tend to stain the embossing powder a little, but you can still see the effect. 


I then layered my sentiments on to more of the dark brown card and popped them and the main image up on foam pads. I added a bow to the bottom corner and some dots of glitter glue randomly for an extra touch of sparkle.


And here is the card with the stamp set...


You can read about this card and the Copic combos I used on my blogpost here.

I hope you have enjoyed this fun tutorial. I would love to see what you do with it. Don't forget to share your projects with us in the Stampers Delights Facebook Group

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsorship Design Team

  Hey friends! Hope you all are doing great! We have new projects to share with you today and I hope you will visit each of them and give th...