Followers

September 18, 2021

How To Make A Twisted Easel Card

 

Hello again everyone. DT Vannessa back again with another tutorial and another fabulous new clear stamp set from Stampers Delights. 

Today I am going to show you how to make a twisted easel card using the gorgeous Anime Sweet Angel clear stamp set. This one is just beautiful and such a perfect image for sympathy cards as well as other occasions where an angel would be perfect, such as thank you and Christmas cards. 


For this card technique, you need a card base and the layers for it and then another card front and the layers for that one as well. I have gone for soft greens, white and golden yellows on my card, which I thought were soft enough for a sympathy card. 



To make the twisted part of the easel card, you fold the card front on a diagonal.



When it stands up, it will be twisted to the side. 


For the next step, make up the inside of the card base on the bottom part which will be on show when the card is open as well as the card front. I always make my front more layered and embellished than the inside of the card. 

Depending on the embellishments or layers I have used, I sometimes use a sentiment, popped up on foam pads on the bottom layer to hold the card open. On this one the velvet ribbon was thick enough to do that for me. 

 

This is how the card looks from the side when the front has been added. You only need to glue the card front to the folded half that will be stood up.


Next I coloured up my image - you can find the Copics combos at the end of this tutorial. I wanted a delicate scalloped frame for my image, but all my dies were too long, so I will show you a little trick to making them fit - it is a really easy one! 


Simply cut the die cut rectangle, so it is more or less the same length as the image. Then glue the smaller piece over the larger piece, lining up the scallops. 


And now the stamped image fits perfectly! And you can hardly tell where the cut line is either. 



Now add the stamped image and further embellishments to the card front as well as a sentiment. Doesn't this just look stunning?!


And here is the stamp set alongside my card.


Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R30, R20
Hair - E30, E31, E34, E33 
Eyes - YG63, YG67
Dress - YG11, YG41, G12, G02, Y21, Y23, Y26
Wings & Feathers - E50, E51, Blender
Pedestal - W3, W4, W7
Ground - W00, W0, W3

And that's all from me for this tutorial. If you would like to read more about this card, then please pop on over to my blog where I have added more details on it. 

Don't forget to pop on over to the Stampers Delights Facebook Group where we would love to see your creations using any images from Stampers Delights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsorship Design Team

  Hey friends! Hope you all are doing great! We have new projects to share with you today and I hope you will visit each of them and give th...