Followers

June 19, 2021

New Chibi Clear Stamp Tutorial

Good evening everyone, Brand Ambassador Vannessa here again, sharing another tutorial of my colouring for you all. 

Today I have used the newly released Chibi Smile clear stamp set, which is just adorable. Again, I just love having lots of accessories stamps in these sets to make backgrounds which work perfectly with the image. No need to hunt for matching patterned papers, as you can make your own. 

I have taken photos of each step in my colouring with the Copic colours alongside, so you can see how I have built up each part to get my final image. 

I always use Memento Tuxedo Black for my Copic colouring and use blending card that works perfectly with them too. 


First I colour the skin using my favourite combo. It always looks a bit dark against the white background, but once the rest is coloured, it lightens up the skin. 


For the mouth, I add just a touch of E04 in the corners and fill the rest with R20.


I tend to leave my hair until last as I choose colours that will coordinate with the clothes, so I coloured the skirt and headphones next in one of my favourite pink combos.


I love pink and yellow together, so went with this bright yellow for the shirt, using a light brown as the undertone for the shading. This just adds a little more depth than the yellows do by themselves. 


I used the same yellow combo for the stripes on the socks, but this time added a little shading on the darker edges of the socks with my C0 to keep it white, but still adding a little shading at the same time. 


Next I decided to use a light brown combo for the tie and shoes, which adds that neutral balance to the colours used so far. 


I now get to the hair and as there is lots of it, I coloured it in three parts - the fringe first, then each pigtail. I have done two layers of the colours here to get a deeper, richer shade and to make sure all those darker sections where the strands overlap remain in shadow.


For the eyes, I have used three of the same colours as the hair so they coordinate well.


For the headphones, I wanted the cushion part to remain white, but it still needs a little shading so I added some C1 and C2 and then went over the very edges with my blender pen to blend it out to more or less white.


And here is my final coloured version of this cutie.


I have fussy cut her out and added her here to the stamp set. You can see how fabulous this set is! 


And here is my card. I created the background using my Distress Oxide inks and my blender brushes, before adding the music notes and treble chef from the set in black ink. I then added some dots of Nuvo Drops to add a little texture and shimmer. 


And here is my card and stamp set together. 

I hope you have enjoyed my step-by-step colouring tutorial today and I hope it has inspired you to maybe try some new colour combos as well. 

Please do pop back next weekend as there will be more tutorials from the rest of the DT each Friday and Saturday this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsorship Design Team

  Hey friends! Hope you all are doing great! We have new projects to share with you today and I hope you will visit each of them and give th...